Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
We are actively recruiting a Senior Engineering Manager who has extensive experience managing engineering teams and multiple large technical projects within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will be responsible for gathering all technical requirements, developing and managing technical implementation plans, including architecting scalable solutions, and effectively managing cross-functional software engineering teams.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of large and complex projects, evaluating, tracking, and reporting on technical progress, results, risks, mitigation and opportunities for projects, as well as driving engineering process improvements across teams.
You feel comfortable injecting your expertise to support development teams, leading agile project management and developing achievable plans of actions. You know how to quickly build partnerships across multiple internal cross functional groups. You can identify and improve internal processes and execution. You have successfully managed large technical projects where you were viewed as a solutions provider; and you were able to drive projects through implementation. You strive for engineering excellence.
- Drive the development of quality software, pipelines, and tools and champion engineering excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Guide system architecture and collaborate across groups on system and data architecture.
- Build features and systems alongside the engineering teams, when necessary.
- Define the processes for cross-team coordination and workflows and work with the engineering teams to identify and solve technical, process, and production issues.
- Mentor and develop other engineers to help them expand their skills and grow in their career.
Engineering Project Management
- Gather all technical requirements to map out milestones with the Technical Program Manager.
- Develop and manage technical implementation plans and effectively manage cross-functional software engineering teams to ensure on-time, and on budget delivery of complex projects and high quality systems.
- Evaluate, track, and report on technical progress, results, risks, mitigation and opportunities for projects and translate strategy into plans that are clear and measurable, with progress shared out regularly to stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation.
- Act as a liaison between internal product leaders, program managers, data analysts, data scientists, and software engineers on technical plans, software development roadmaps, features and policies.
Who you are
- You thrive organizing complex projects and delivering engineering excellence.
- You are a problem-solver who will proactively connect, communicate and collaborate with the right people to identify issues and suggest solutions.
- You have organizational and coordination skills along with experience managing multiple projects to get things done in a fast paced agile environment.
- You have a track record of managing large, technical projects involving cross functional teams.
- You understand iterative software development process, including how to deliver a minimal viable product, and the steps to grow it into a full-fledged product, while minimizing technical debt.
- You are highly organized with critical attention to details, along with good time and team priority task management.
- You are a collaborative teammate who thrives within an inclusive team and company where we respect and support individual choices.
What you bring to the party
- Bachelor in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or technical equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services
- 3+ years of experience with big data, data pipelines, data lakes, backend reliability, efficiency, data validation, performance work, data architecture.
- 3+ years managing engineering teams, with demonstrated experience creating processes that achieve engineering excellence.
- Excellent knowledge of the whole technology stack as well as project management skills.
- Excellent programming (preferably in Python) and system architecture design skills.
- Understanding of data analysis and data science.
- Experience doing technical feasibility studies as well as translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
Nice to have, but not required
- Exposure to large-scale systems
- Ecommerce and/or start-up experience
- Knowledge of Airflow and/or Ruby on Rails
- One additional language other than English, at business conversational level such as (but not limited to) Portuguese, Ukrainian, Russian, Mandarin
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected classes, or protected veteran status. Thrasio participates in e-verify.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From