Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features well be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge to personalize travel for our ever-expanding population of members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Create delightful user experiences in an app (iOS or Android)
- Work in a complex dynamic environment with a rich API tier
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experience at scale
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Experience mentoring and leading people at different stages in their career
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 35 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artists loft in the Mile End
Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!