Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Senior Software Engineer, LinkNYC you will serve a key role in developing and supporting the tooling that empowers the LinkNYC engineering initiatives. You will work with team members from across the organization in order to develop and maintain back end and front end services that we use to monitor, manage and support our fleet of devices in the streets of NYC. Youll wear multiple hats and have the opportunity to work across the whole stack. We are our own Product Managers, QAs, Designers, Architects, and Engineers. We care about our product, the quality of our code and the stability of our platform.
Within your first month, you will:
- Spend time with the Engineering, Support and Community teams, getting up to speed on our current initiatives, goals and challenges
- You will focus on understanding a single service. This will help you facilitate an understanding of our overall infrastructure
- Begin implementing features from our backlog and improving software quality to familiarize yourself with our platform
Within your first three months, you will:
- Work with the Engineering Manager and the rest of the engineers to refine the Link Engineering team practices and processes
- Develop significant new functionality for our back-end and/or front-end services
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy
- Develop an understanding of our system infrastructure
- Learn how to deploy our services
Within your first nine months, you will:
- Participate in technical decisions for the Link Engineering team
- Design and implement technical architecture improvements
- Design and implement significant continuous integration and deployment practices
You are great for this role because:
- You are a generalist or a T-shaped engineer
- You have strong experience with at least one server side technology such as Python, Go, Java, Scala, or Node
- You have experience with AWS
- Youre eager and passionate about learning new things
About our Platform: Intersections platform is an ever-evolving mix of custom sensors, data analytics, 3rd-party services and solutions, and software written using: Python, Go, Java (Android), React, Ansible, and AWS Services.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and its our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status and all other legally protected characteristics.