At Twitter, our advertising business went from zero to two billion in revenue faster than any other company. It’s critically important to show that value in a way advertisers understand, trust, and can dig into for more detail.
Our team is responsible for all interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers such as ads.twitter.com and the ads API. We aim to build high quality, full-stack products that make it easy for advertisers to create and measure their campaigns and objectives.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help us build the new team, lead projects, mentor engineers and take your skills to the next level while having a huge impact? Read on.
Who We Are:
The Advertiser Experience team is responsible for all interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers through which most of Twitter’s $3B+ in revenue flow. These encompass UI and programmatic access via APIs. Our products are used by advertisers of all sizes – from the world’s largest brands and agencies to small businesses and personal brands. Internally, all of Twitter’s sales teams depend on our products 24/7 and engineers from across ads build upon the advertiser experience platform we create.
We play a vital role in affecting all advertising revenue at Twitter. We achieve this by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and User Researchers with a focus on scale, usability, performance, and impact. We’re a truly full stack team with expertise in web and backend and our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution.
Twitter's Advertiser Experience is heavily web centric and we're committed to adopting a state of the art client side development stack. We're one of the early adopters of a bunch of modern web technologies (see below) and it's a great opportunity to learn or grow your skills around state of the art web technologies.
Details about stack:
- Client: React.js, babel, flow, redux, less css
- Server: Finatra, web server written in Scala
- Services: Thrift services based off of Twitter Server written in Scala
- Data Processing: Mapreduce jobs written in Scalding and real time jobs in Storm
Who You Are:
- You are a proven engineer. Not only strong technically, you have shown that you can work effectively with product managers, designers and other engineering teams.
- You have a fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers' hands.
- You love the challenge of engineering, and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem spaces.
- You work well in a fast paced environment while deeply investing in long term quality and efficiency.
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Deep experience shipping large-scale full-stack web applications
- Deep experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools and workflow
- 5+ years Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.