Office Tour Photos
Our Frontend team builds the extensible platform on which other teams can develop applications, ensures high quality architecture across the engineering organization, and defines the UX of Namely alongside Product and Design partners.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will join an innovative, forward-thinking team responsible for:
- Developing clean, accessible, and modern web applications
- Building core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Utilizing technologies like GraphQL, React Context and Hooks, Typescript, and Lighthouse
- Continuously improving our tech stack
- Ensuring personal and team career growth through high quality code reviews, cross-functional collaboration, and strong teamwork
We dont believe years of professional work is the only measure of experience. We want to work with and learn from developers with diverse backgrounds who are passionate about what they do and are excited to dive into a challenging, high impact role.
Some traits we look for when considering candidates are:
- Enthusiasm for establishing and promoting best practices to ensure our code is readable, reliable, and testable
- Writing code that others use to write more code (e.g. open source or internal libraries)
- An interest in ensuring that applications are valuable and accessible to all users
- A knack for finding a balance between new technology and scalable, high quality solutions
- Being opinionated, yet open minded
- Investment and interest in the Frontend community and ecosystem. Even if you havent used the latest tech, you are up to date on happenings in the community and are excited to try out new technologies at Namely.
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so weve included our stack below. You dont have to be fluent or even well versed in all of it, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: Redux + Redux Thunk + Reselect, Formik, Relay + GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
Join Our Team
We are building out a world-class Frontend team at Namely around the idea that user experience is paramount to the success of our product and customers. If that or any of the above resonates, we would love to work with you!
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of todays workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because theyre mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and were just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.
More Jobs From