TripAdvisors mission is to help people around the world plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor Experiences is the fastest growing group within the company, enabling travelers to book tours and activities online. We are currently the market leader in the space, but we have big plans and need your help in taking this business to the next level.
The Experiences team is looking for an experienced senior engineer to help expand our New York-based Demand Platform team. The team embodies the TripAdvisor mission by delivering a stress-free, effortless experience for travelers to book tours, activities, and individualized experiences with confidence. As a senior engineer, youll design and build out features that will be used by every point-of-sale we have. Youll work on areas touching authentication, membership, payments, recommenders, and more. Whether its adding a new payment method or improving the architecture of our existing systems, you can be sure that what you build will make an impact!
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly working with other smart and talented engineers? If so, wed love to talk with you!
What youll do
- Touch code at every level from the web UI, through backend services and down to the database
- Collaborate closely with other teams to design feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
- Help lead and be a mentor for others on the team
What youll bring to the team
- In-depth knowledge of web applications and Service-Oriented Architecture
- A background of developing high-volume distributed systems
- A passion for working on diverse teams
- The desire and capability to move quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems
- Experience with and/or a desire to learn Java, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Around 5+ years of experience as a professional engineer (or equivalent qualifications)
What we offer you
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture
- A flexible work from home policy and healthy work-life balance
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences, and employee resource groups
- Annual hackathon to build your own project and quarterly Fix-It Fridays to fix issues you care about
- Great benefits, including health/vision/dental insurance, comprehensive parental and caregiver paid leave, tiered vacation starting at 15 days, yearly travel reimbursements, and more
- A well-stocked office kitchen with free lunch one day a week
More Jobs From