Data is at the heart of Bloomberg - and our team is designing systems for seamless use of our large-scale data in AI and analytics pipelines all across the company. Bloomberg's core product, the Terminal, is a must-have for the most influential people in finance. Our clients depend on the Terminal to trade, manage risk, consume information, and navigate time-critical decisions. Our ability to deliver on these needs depends on our ability to store, access, and analyze data in a centralized manner. That is where you come in.
Who are we?
We are part of the Artificial Intelligence group. We aren't just building products and models. We work closely with the CTO office to build infrastructure and tools that are used across the company. Our team builds pipelines to store, access, analyze, and automatically generate insights from diverse datasets. We work with terabytes of data, which span different domains ranging from a historical archive of all news articles to low-level log data to point in time datasets. Our pipelines are distributed and our tech stack relies heavily on technologies including Spark, Kafka, HDFS, HBASE, and Scala.
Who are you?
You are a talented software engineer who enjoys designing and building large-scale systems to collect and analyze high volume data; both in motion and at rest. You are motivated: you know whether your time is best spent thinking about the architecture or writing a tool that helps you get the job done. You want to join a close-knit, fun group and make a big impact.
We'll expect you to:
- Work with stakeholders across the company to provide diverse views of our data.
- Design and implement processes to organize our Data Lake.
- Help transform our data to enable easy access and analysis.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in Java/Scala.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience building large-scale software systems.
- Experience with big-data & streaming technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application. We're excited to meet you.
More Jobs From