Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, and continued deployment. You will build the platform that powers the retail experience for some of largestbrands in the world. You will use the latest tools and technologies to solve challenging and interesting problems to redefine the way people shop and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Python services that serve millions of users.
- Scale our platform to support exponential user growth.
- Build platform features that make the life easier for engineers working in other teams at OrderGroove and those working for biggestclients.
- Develop and maintain our external APIs which are flexible, extremely responsive, and highly available.
- Help us materialize our long term SaaS platform vision by turning it into tactical goals and requirements.
- Work on the cutting edge technology to solve interesting and challenging problems. Your contribution will earn you bragging rights on ourengineeringblog.
Who you are:
- you have experience in designing and building distributed, high volume services preferably written in Python.
- you are a skilled communicator and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts.
- you have a deep understanding of system design, data structure, and algorithms.
- you care about code quality, know what it means to ship high quality code, and are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any piece of the platform you get to work on.
- you are a passionate mentor and advocate for your technological vision but you are also respectful and open to learn from other people's view points.
- you may have experience with one or more of e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems.
- you may have experience supporting external APIs and/or developer communities.
Were a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking and ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands and retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity celebrate our team and our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs and game nights where we can get together and have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 square foot private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the OrderGroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce and have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more and apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.