Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Intersection, you will help build the next-generation Order Management System (OMS) to manage all of Intersections advertising orders. The OMS seamlessly connects Intersections digital inventory with both internal and external buyers. You will design and build this next-generation platform that will help enable Intersections customers integrate and automate the ad sales and delivery process. This platform will also open up new revenue opportunities and streamline internal workflow. You will be an integral part of efforts to improve our capabilities and implement product solutions, while leveraging creative capabilities, data, and infrastructure across various digital media properties.
Your First 30 Days:
- Learn and understand Intersections corporate, departmental, and team goals
- Work with the Product owner to have a clear understanding of the OMS product roadmap
- Gain an understanding of and contribute to the current codebase
- Get acquainted and collaborate with the engineering team
- Participate in stand-up, backlog grooming, and sprint planning meetings
Your First 60 days:
- Gain a good understanding of the AdTech landscape and standards
- Iteratively design, build, and release new features for new partner integrations
- Conduct code reviews and quality assurance tests on teammates contributions
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams and incorporate best practices
Your First 90 Days:
- Work with product, design, and business partners and plan future enhancements for the order management platform (such as creative approvals and reserving inventory).
- Collaborate with the team on architectural choices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business environment and strategy.
- Adopt and/or develop tools for testing, deployment and automation
You are great for this role because:
- You have 2-3 years experience building large-scale software systems
- You have expertise in Python (Django / Flask)
- You have an aptitude for simplifying complicated business use cases
- You are able to efficiently collaborate with highly-engaged, high-performing teams
- You have a proven track record of building and operating successful products and platforms
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- You can communicate effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually
About our Platform:
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and its our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.