Youll click with us if you
- Practice empathy
- Conduct yourself with the highest integrity
- Are thoughtful, self-reflective and always open to learning
- Speak up with radical candor
- Approach your work like an owner
- Have a high and ever-climbing bar for excellence
- Always do things the right way, even when its harder
- Believe that #oneteam is greater than the sum of its parts
- Leave no loops unclosed
Named one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, Hello Alfred is the first and only residential hospitality platform. Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help into the most important space in our lives: our home. As a startup that occupies the intersection of service, technology, real estate, and retail commerce, we are a new kind of company creating a new category of business. After steadily and sustainably scaling our national footprint, we are entering a new phase of rapid growth, and we need a Senior Software Engineer to be a key part of the engineering team focused on technology choices, architecture and scalability of the platform. You will help develop our engineering philosophy and practices to lead the construction of a new type of tech-enhanced personal service.
What Youre Like
- Your interest in development extends beyond coding to product and business
- You care about radical simplification just as much as robust engineering
- You can craft the architecture, develop our core features, and collaborate with our Product and Design teams to build something useful and beautiful
How you'll help us to be successful
- Scale a growing organization by elevating its design, processes and operations
- Write great code and deploy often
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and the whole company to build amazing products for all our users customers, as well as our internal operations and field teams
- Shape the relationship between software architecture and customer experiences
What superpowers you'll use
- Required Skills: At least 5-7 years experience across the full web stack. You can write SCSS, keep logic out of controllers, and properly index your database tables.
- Youll need empathy, taste, and passions outside of engineering.
- Nice to Haves: Experience with React Native for iOS and Android or Typescript. An interest in UX and hospitality.
Hello Alfred is a hospitality and technology platform focused on building intuitive, personal help into the most important space in our lives: our home. As the only company in the world that customers trust with the keys to their homes, were building a world where people come first, hospitality is an everyday luxury, and its not only easy, but OK, to ask for help to manage our busy lives.
We believe in responsible company-building, which means we deeply consider the second- and third-order consequences of our actions. We do the right thing, even when its more difficult or takes longer.
As a result, we build products people not only can love, but trust. Human-powered technology with heart.
Find out why Fast Company named this four-year-old startup one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Join us on our mission to build the future of urban living.
Note: We only hire people who are hospitable, extremely polite and close loops.
More Jobs From