Device42 is the most comprehensive agentless discovery system for Hybrid IT available today. We give you accurate, comprehensive, and current insights into your computing environments to provide you the data you need to manage, transform, and optimize with confidence.
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you'll be the hands-on, driving force that enables and guides our team towards cloud based mode. In this role, you'll bring new functionality to life from working with Product Management, help define functionality through implementation, manage both backend code and frontend UI code, as well as API's. You'll also work closely with support engineers to bring issues to quick resolution.
This position will be based in our West Haven, CT office.
What you'll do:
- Design architectures, including the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and object oriented architectures
- Develop software solutions to support customer requirements
- Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction
- Collaborate effectively across development team, QA and Customer Support
- Implement integrations with third party applications
- Participate in product planning and assist with defining requirements Requirements
What you bring:
- Experience building high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- A successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- 8+ years software engineering experience in a complex system environment
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Proven experience in building, delivering and maintaining software in a distributed environment
- Knowledge of Python, Golang desirable
- Experience with application integration with 3rd party software and Linux operating systems desirable
- Experience with git or other version control tools
- Desire to apply problem solving skills in a collaborative environment
With our HQ in West Haven, CT and expansion offices in Boston and Denver, were excited to continue consistent 100% year over year growth. Were a team of dedicated, innovative, and collaborative individuals building the solution for Hybrid IT environments.
More Jobs From