Killer features (TL/DR)
- Experience delivering new functionality to customers using a fully automated CICD pipeline
Experience with all aspects of the DevOps toolset, including but not limited to:
- Writing tests
- Performance tuning
- Infrastructure as code
- Deployment and operational UX
- Experience breaking down large features and/or stories into atomically deliverable units of work…and executing!
- Deep knowledge of some set of AWS services down to the level of API permissions
- Sysadmin for containers
The long version
Writing code is important, but it’s only the first step. The real special sauce lies in being able to build and grease the wheels of feature delivery. A successful candidate for this senior-level position can write code, sure, but he or she should also have hands-on experience in some or all of the areas noted above. He or she should also be motivated to learn about techn(ologies|iques) that are unfamiliar. At Abacus, we use:
- AWS managed services
- Serverless Framework
- Gitlab (SCM/CI)
…to deliver a cohesive platform on which our customers can gather, analyze, and distribute disparate sets of data. We use a set of vetted conventions to put these tools together. A successful candidate will be able to:
- pick up on those conventions to use and extend our toolset
- solve real problems in a defensible manner
- ask questions in favor of spinning wheels
- contribute in ways outside of his or her immediate comfort zone
For those who are excited by the contours of the opportunity (and get a kick out of the nerd reference above), please apply!
Please note that we cannot sponsor visas for this role.
More Jobs From