The Detection & Response Team focuses on identifying and responding to security incidents targeting Twitter. Our primary mission is to help protect Twitter’s users, its employees and the company's data. We accomplish this by identifying unusual or malicious information security threats and performing investigations into computer security incidents.
What You’ll Do:
You'll join a team of talented individuals focused on identifying and responding to security incidents targeting Twitter. You’ll be responsible for reviewing, validating, classifying, and responding to security events. This involves actively monitoring our systems for attacks and intrusions. When performing investigations into suspicious activity, your skills will help us to analyze events to figure out “what happened," document our findings, and determine the best course of remediation. This role will also involve designing and engineering tools to improve incident handling and streamline security event processing.
Who You Are:
You have expertise in investigating and responding to security incidents. You have experience orchestrating complex response efforts across multiple disciplines efficiently. In addition, you have a proven knowledge of MacOS and Linux system internals. You've likely spent time responding to vulnerability investigations and privacy violations, including studying how data flows through distributed systems and how software components interact. You're an advocate for the security and privacy of users and their data. You love learning from and engaging with peers, researchers, and others in the security community.
- 5+ years experience performing computer security and privacy incident response coordination.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Understanding of legal, information security, and privacy regulations and frameworks.
- Demonstrates expertise in one of these areas: malware analysis, software vulnerabilities, cryptography, web application security, identity and access management, network security, operating system security.
- Technical experience in systems administration, software engineering, digital forensics, security engineering or privacy engineering.
- Experience with Python or Scala.
- Ability to analyze and correlate across large and diverse datasets.
- Experience communicating security concerns and issues to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills (adaptability, inclusiveness, optimism, curiosity, empathy, courage, respect) which support the development of high functioning teams.
- Flexibility to participate in on-call rotation.