Senior Sales Engineer
Tamr, Inc., connects and enriches the vast reserves of underutilized internal and external data, so enterprises can use all their data for analytics and downstream applications. Tamrs data-unification platform combines machine learning algorithms with collective human insight to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the massive variety of silo-ed data. The Tamr platform is deployed in production at information services providers, pharmaceutical firms, manufacturers and other customers. Based in Cambridge, Mass., Tamr was founded in 2013 by database industry veterans Andy Palmer, Mike Stonebraker and Ihab Ilyas with George Beskales, Daniel Bruckner and Alex Pagan. Tamr was named in Boston Globe's Top 10 Places to work in 2015.
As a Sales Engineer working at Tamr, you will be responsible for owning all technical aspects of the sales cycle. This includes:
- Performing education of the market on the Tamr solution by means of tailored product demonstrations - target audiences include end users, IT staff, executive sponsors, industry analysts
- Defining and scoping the deliverables of proof of concept projects with clients
- Leading customer-facing proof of concept engagements both remote and onsite, delivering on the technical components of the agreed SOW and presenting success
- Providing feedback to Product Management on customer interactions with the Tamr solution
- Providing technical content required for RFP submission
- Assisting in handoff of successful client engagements to post-sales delivery resources
- Developing and maintaining demo environments
- 5+ years in a pre-sales / sales engineering role
- 5 years in related software markets such as Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, CRM, ERP, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Business Intelligence
- Intermediate knowledge of data management and databases
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, R, SQL, shell, etc)
- Strong Linux / UNIX skill set
- Experience coding against APIs
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Machine learning knowledge/experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWSDashboard, and applications such as Qlikview and Tableau
This position is available in New York City.
Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa.