Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
Our mission is to make home ownership achievable. We live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
Ribbons Finance & Legal team is responsible for informing strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We're seeking an experienced Senior Regulatory Counsel to play an integral role in our growing organization. In this role, you will work with teams across the organization to ensure that the business is compliant as it scales and launches new products. Were looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Own the process for ensuring regulatory compliance as Ribbon expands both geographies and product offerings
- Manage external law firms and corresponding costs across a variety of practice areas
- Advise the company on legal issues and risks by employing practical business judgment and identifying actual practical risk
- Provide legal support for day-to-day operations
- Design a best-in-class risk management program that incorporates multi-jurisdictional and interdisciplinary areas of the law, local business practice, innovative training programs and user-friendly resources
- Work with Engineering to leverage software to support new products in a compliant and scalable way
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience, including experience at a top-tier law firm and a startup
- Experience with real estate regulations, especially Fair Housing and RESPA, as well as customer protections such as UDAAP
- Experience seeking advice and answering inquiries from state and local regulators
- Experience drafting intelligible commercial contracts
- Growth mindset and creative problem solving skills
- Strong project management and process design skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Fintech / PropTech startup experience
- Experience with mortgage lending and title regulations
- Experience with Data Security/Privacy