Veeva develops cloud software that helps the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs bring critical medicine and therapies to the patients that need them. Our enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company, so you can connect with teams in our New York City office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will design and establish our testing methodology and processes from the ground up for a new system that will handle all pre-analytics workflows. You will be responsible for building out the automated testing systems and processes that allow us to ingest advertising data and prepare it for health analytics at an ever-increasing scale.
Youre someone who likes to contribute to the day-to-day delivery of mission-critical applications and is passionate about delivering quality data products. You will be both a core contributor, advisor, and mentor as we tackle difficult technical challenges and continue to grow the size & scope of both the group and the services offered to the business.
What You'll Do
- Lead the development of QA test strategies, test plans, and other quality assurance standards
- Work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to define, create, and execute automated quality assurance testing for a microservice architecture that handles both fine-grained metadata and big-data processing pipelines
- Lead the efforts to implement QA automation to expedite smoke and regression testing
- Create automated QA progress/status reports and facilitate internal and external quality review meetings
- Analyze system features and functionality and determining the best approach and techniques to test (stress/load, data integrity, security, automation)
- Develop and exhibit advanced-level knowledge of the QA lifecycle
- Be a progressive thinker to optimize QA efforts and expedite the required testing process
- Understand business requirements, prepare test estimates and test plans, conduct test execution, and prepare results
- Work with the scrum team and all other product stakeholders on ensuring features are released on time with quality
- Collaborate with Product and Development Leads on future sprint planning and provide metrics on testing progress
- Identify risks and work with development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- 5+ years of experience in Software Testing and 8+ years of total commercial experience
- Experience in software test automation, including the creation and deployment of frameworks and design and maintenance of test automation
- Experience with QA processes, gathering requirements, writing specifications, and test plans
- Understanding of multiple tools for automation, bug management, and test management such as TestRail, Cucumber, JUnit, etc.
- Hands-on testing experience, mastery of test management lifecycle, and developing test strategies and test management process
- Experience in writing and executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases
- Expertise in functional and non-functional test execution and reporting
- Experience creating test frameworks for cloud-based microservice architecture
- Ability to anticipate organizational and technical issues, and the ability to provide detailed projections and post-mortems
- Experience with Jmeter or other load testing tools
- Ability to generate functional testing metrics and quality measures
- Experience with version control systems like git, mercurial
- College degree - preferred having educational backgrounds in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Computer Science (CS), or Mathematics
Nice to Have
- Life sciences domain knowledge, particularly with health data
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira
- Infrastructure knowledge especially in AWS
- Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, AWS EMR, AWS Glue)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present and interact with different stakeholders
- Elaborate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, having a passion for learning
- Capability to train, mentor, and provide quality advice to team members
Perks & Benefits
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and close to several major transportation hubs
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Fitness/wellness reimbursement
- Allocation for continuous learning and development
- Private roof deck and flexible working space
- Weekly happy hours and other social activities
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.