The backbone of the healthcare system is communication between patients and their doctors, among healthcare teams, and even between practices and third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. Its disconnected, siloed, antiquated, and highly inefficient and in worst-case scenarios, its even responsible for lost patient lives.
Were trying to fix that. Klaras mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric and truly connected so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people and systems seamlessly, and patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And thats where you come in.
We are a Series B startup with funding from leading US investors (including Googles AI fund Gradient Ventures, Frist Cressey Ventures, FirstMark Capital, LererHippeau, and Project A). We are growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle and foundations to build. Its an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, and transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status-quo, and a relentless passion for making our users lives better. And we believe in the power of a talented team that can accomplish anything even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role:
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting the go-to-market strategy and ongoing adoption of the Klara product. This includes shaping and strengthening how customers and prospects perceive Klara in the market. This is a highly cross-functional role that touches nearly every part of the organization, truly sitting at the nexus of product, marketing, sales, and customer success.
The strategic priorities you will lead may include:
- Product launches
- Product adoption initiatives
- Sales and Marketing enablement
- Own messaging & positioning throughout the company
If you are:
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and energized by getting your hands dirty
- No longer able to count the number of product launches youve run, so a launch playbook comes naturally
- An exceptional writer (usually the person in your family or group of friends who gets asked for writing/editing help)
- So organized that its one of your defining personality traits
- Adept at amplifying good news and softening the blow of bad news (while clearly communicating them)
- Not phased by ambiguity, uncertainty, or the fast pace of an early-stage tech startup
- Fiercely loyal to the customers you work with, and an advocate for them company-wide
- Passionate about changing the future of healthcare, and helping thousands of medical providers and millions of patients
- Product Launches: Own the GTM/launch process for new features and functionality, including launch strategy and planning as well as execution
- Product Adoption: Work closely with the product team to drive adoption of specific product features both directly after a new launch and to drive more adoption of already existing features
- Customer Engagement & Success: Identify opportunities to improve customer engagement especially in the first two months of the customer experience and lead the execution of those initiatives (including testing and iteration, case studies, tutorials, webinars, etc)
- Insights, Enablement & Training:
- Deeply understand our existing and prospective customers leading research/analytics projects as needed, and training other teams on these insights.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral (e.g. case studies, one pagers, battle cards, etc) and teach them how and when to use it.
- Be an expert on our market and the competitive landscape, training internal teams on competitive differentiation and serving as a strategic advisor to the product and leadership teams
- Messaging & Positioning:
- Own and shape Klara's product narrative by developing and evolving our positioning and messaging strategy for products, features and capabilities. Understand customer segmentation and develop differentiated and engaging messaging and positioning for each.
- Partner with demand generation and brand design to tell compelling stories that help build demand and drive revenue. E.g. participate in quarterly brainstorms to help demand identify how Klara can communicate our value to the market via campaigns. Be an active reviewer of anywhere Klara's voice enters the market, including ad campaigns, whitepapers, case studies, one sheets etc.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of experience in product marketing
- Strong record of leading product marketing initiatives in a B2B or B2B2C SaaS company
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels
- Skilled with messaging and positioning, customer insights, and competitive differentiation
- Passionate about understanding customer problems and jobs to be done
- Able to rapidly create strong relationships with external and internal partners
- Many years of successful collaborations with different stakeholders and teams. Strong ability to balance requirements of multiple stakeholders within an organization.
- A passion for advocating for users and creating delightful user experiences and product marketing communications
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, be nimble and adaptable, and handle ambiguity
- Lead by example; not afraid to get hands dirty, immerse in details when necessary, but maintain strategic perspective as well
- Must have excellent follow-through and be able to work with minimal direction
- Experience commercializing digital health products for consumers, patients, and/or health care providers
- Experience delivering solutions in the communication space for B2B or B2B2C SaaS companies