We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Want to be part of a team working on the world's largest travel platform? Tripadvisor aims to make everyone a better traveler by creating products that let members plan, go and guide others on their way. As part of the team managing our Flagship App, you get to work on products that impact millions of monthly visitors worldwide.
In the first half of 2021, we are re-launching our app with a brand new tech stack, design system, and vision to be travelers go-to resource while in-destination. We have built the technical foundation - and now we are building the team. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to help us define our strategy for the future, build a roadmap focused on driving engagement, and work with a cross-functional team to bring the roadmap to market. You will play a central role in the creation of native-first features that drive engagement and habitual use. This is an important investment for Tripadvisor to expand its member base and build innovative new offerings.
We're looking for a product leader with experience in building apps to own key portions of the user experience. To be successful, you will be passionate about your users, skilled with data, able to craft a vision, thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and have fun along the way. As part of this role, you will Collaborate cross-functionally with other leads in Engineering, Design, UX Research, Analytics, Legal, Product Marketing, PR and stakeholders across Tripadvisor.
The ideal candidate will have a broad interest in product and technology, a strong bias toward action, excellent interpersonal skills, and comfort with ambiguity.
What youll do:
- Build and manage a roadmap focused on driving engagement of our Android and iOS apps. This means seeking out unmet user needs, determining how pervasive they are, evaluating technical feasibility and forecasting the possible benefits.
- Ruthlessly prioritize what to focus on and when. There are endless ways we can improve our products. We will rely on you to size and prioritize the opportunities, to maximize our ROI in the short and long term, and strike the right balance between short-term wins and longer-term investments.
- Lead product development, ensuring that were clearly communicating the problem were trying to solve and how were measuring our success to key members of the team: PMs, developers, designers and other supporting roles.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product. You believe that data is power and are driven to continuously learn and improve.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. With dozens of global stakeholders and millions of members standing to be impacted by your decisions, you should be able to resolve conflict, communicate transparently and pursue feedback quickly and effectively.
- Be critical and never settle. We move quickly and are always looking at the performance of our product to determine whats in or out of a feature or release. You should, with grim satisfaction, look forward to communicating what we shouldnt build.
- Question the status quo. Theres an abundance of ways we can work smarter, better and faster as we evolve as a product organization and were looking at you to identify them.
What were looking for:
- 4+ years experience of consumer product management experience. Experience working on iOS and Android apps strongly preferred.
- Consistent track record of executing cross-functional initiatives, ensuring multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Knows their way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it.
- Excellent communication to effectively and efficiently articulate both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors.
- Ability to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and results analysis/recommendations.
- Empathy and a drive to deeply understand customer needs.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.