Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer at Hello Alfred, youll take on tough interaction and service design challenges, and youll work on new ideas that will transform how people live in high density cities.
As a startup that occupies the intersection of service, technology, real estate, and retail commerce, we are a new kind of company creating a new category of business. As such, were looking for experienced designers who are driven by learning, strong design fundamentals, strategic thinking, and who are excited by the challenge of developing solutions in a space that has yet to be designed for.
How youll help us to be successful
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Youll set the vision for the user experience and get the opportunity to learn from your work through iterating quickly and shipping often.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Drive research initiatives in order to better understand the people who use our products.
- Be autonomous. Youll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Help grow a collaborative, optimistic, and supportive culture.
- Visual design: You have exceptional command of visual composition, typographic hierarchy, and creating scalable UI solutions. From the overarching user flow to refining small details in UI you will ensure a cohesive experience across Hello Alfred. Youre a designer equally invested in crafting visual and user experience design.
- User experience: Through your design process you will strive to minimize the complexity of our systems into thoughtful user experiences. Youll have experience shipping products, observing how people used them, and iterating toward improvement until solutions are elegant in usability and efficient in achieving outcomes.
- Product thinking: You will have an understanding of what makes products successful and how your design work impacts the larger goals of the company. You turn user needs and business goals into clear and compelling services that keep people coming back over and over again.You will be involved in defining product strategy, conducting research that helps the team appropriately prioritize initiatives, and will develop a sense for Hello Alfred technology stack in order to create impactful solutions. Youll bring a strong track record of making sound strategic design decisions that balance the needs of the user, the business, and the brand.
- Research: Using qualitative and quantitative data, youll identify important product insights. Youll identify opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices; knowing when to develop full user studies, and when to quickly get usability confirmation internally and ship. We believe great design is created in the intersection of rational analysis and creative leaps.
- Team collaboration: You will develop an understanding about the work of other disciplines that make up the whole of Hello Alfred in order to help facilitate the most productive and empathetic environment for the work we do together. In order to leverage the knowledge of all members of the Hello Alfred team, youll be expected to run productive brainstorms and discussions that help contribute to our collective understanding of our customers and the business.
- Communication: We have a strong design critique culture where youll be expected to communicate complex ideas and solutions in a way that enables progress and exceptional design output. Youll share your work early and often, getting feedback from our collaborators, customers and partners, and are open to ideas while maintaining focus on your goal. On occasion youll direct and lead group conversations, presentations, and product reviews.
Hello Alfred is a hospitality and technology platform focused on building intuitive, personal help into the most important space in our lives: our home. As the only company in the world that customers trust with the keys to their homes, were building a world where people come first, hospitality is an everyday luxury, and its not only easy, but OK, to ask for help to manage our busy lives.
We believe in responsible company-building, which means we deeply consider the second- and third-order consequences of our actions. We do the right thing, even when its more difficult or takes longer.
As a result, we build products people not only can love, but trust. Human-powered technology with heart. Find out why Fast Company named this four-year-old startup one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. Join us on our mission to build the future of urban living.