Are you the go-to person when people are trying to troubleshoot network and application issues? Is your idea of fun finding new ways to improve a customer's browsing experience while enhancing security? If you want to design, build and maintain content security and application delivery, keep reading.
What's in it for you:
We are the backbone of content security at Bloomberg. On our team, you will be part of a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just enthusiastic about technology, but strive to build solutions for complex problems. From analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks and hosts, our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve problems that stump even the most seasoned engineers. We work together in an open environment and constantly share our information and ideas with other teams across Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with engineering and operational groups to architect, design, build and maintain content security and application delivery solutions across Bloomberg
- Evaluate, test, implement and recommend alternatives to existing commercial products
- Perform troubleshooting of content and security issues across multiple platforms and technologies to solve complex issues
- Perform data analysis to engineer solutions to network problems and perform gap analysis
You'd need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a large enterprise or service provider environment or related expertise
- Network security policy management experience at the enterprise level
- Thorough troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills including packet capture analysis
- Hands on knowledge of UNIX/Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows operating systems and troubleshooting at the OS level
- In-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, strong authentication, and security protocols
- A deep understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, and TLS/SSL at the protocol level
- UNIX/Linux scripting experience in Bash, Python, GO, etc.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Chef or Ansible for automation
- Experience with Open Source network security/analysis tools
- Experience with Juniper router access control lists and/or CheckPoint and/or Palo Alto Firewalls and management systems (Provider 1 or Panorama) deployed at a large scale enterprise level
- Experience with building network management tools and creating detailed documentation
- Practical experience with DDoS mitigation tools and techniques
If this sounds like you, apply!
More Jobs From