Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
We strongly believe that technology is our core competitive advantage and are investing heavily in growing our tech team. We are in hyper-growth right now and looking for a people partner to help us grow, not just with speed but with a people strategy.
We are looking for a Senior Manager People Strategy (HRBP) to support our rapidly evolving Sales, Real Estate, and Sales Support organization. It is important to us that our Business Partners understand and are aligned to our business strategy as s/he will be encouraged to craft frameworks to drive growth and prioritize the employee experience specific to our team.
This individual will advise on all matters relating to talent, including organization and leader effectiveness, performance, organizational design, workforce planning, learning needs/opportunities, and conflict resolution.
- Be the daily consultative arm of the People Team with Sales, Real Estate and Operations Support Teams - often engine with Department Heads on people programs and advocating for a people-oriented perspective during operational decision making.
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to deliver outstanding HR support to internal client group
- Craft a department specific strategy that aligns with business priorities and goals, including but not limited to growth, organizational design, inclusion and diversity programs, workforce planning, performance programs, retention and succession, and executive coaching
- Be the strategic advocate for your business across HR support lanes ensuring priorities, and business specific themes are captured during organization-wide People Program activities. Some examples include: Goal setting, learning and leadership development, Performance and Talent design and calibrations, compensation and analytics, change management, etc.
- 3+ years specific to HRBP supporting an organization of 3,000-5,000
- Demonstrated experience in HR/Leadership support
- Previous experience supporting Mortgage Operations, Sales /Customer Call Center, Real Estate or other amalgamous business
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative with little to no direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with Workday and Google Suite preferred
- Project Management mindset
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefitsincluding medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.