Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a customer centric, analytical-thinker that will lead efforts to drive customer advocacy. You will identify the moments of truth for the customer and ensure we are providing an exceptional experience that surprises and delights. You will work in close collaboration with our marketing partners to identify and execute referral initiatives. You will work closely with our sales / operations team to ensure a seamless E2E experience with ownership over the post-closing experience design. You will develop an intimate understanding of our customers needs, wants, and pain points through quantitative and qualitative research. The right person for this role has a bias for action, is analytical, and excels at managing stakeholders to motivate change.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage data to identify moments of truth for customers that drive their view of the overall experience
- Develop initiatives in collaboration with product, marketing, sales, and operations teams to drive a superior customer experience that leads to advocacy (i.e. referrals)
- Understand drivers of churn once the customer has locked in a rate and drive initiatives that reduce addressable churn
- Audit existing processes to ensure they are working properly as our business evolves
- You have at least 2 years of managerial experience and 5-7 years working in marketing / customer service operations
- Youre maniacal about improving the customer experience
- Youre a creative thinker that can brainstorm ways to continuously surprise and delight our customers
- Youre analytically minded and can drive insights from data
- You have a bias for action and will immediately drive impact
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills to drive change
- You have a strong ownership and leadership mindset, able to adapt and thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation and build it.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
More Jobs From