You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
That's where Bloomberg Compliance comes in. Composed of Bloomberg Vault Archive and Bloomberg Surveillance, Bloomberg Compliance provides a single platform for compliant storage and reconstruction of our customer's communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data. More than 1,000 organizations use our product to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years. Our web applications service hundreds of search requests per day.
You will be part of the engineering team responsible for Compliance's cloud compute platform and the open source services including Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper, and Storm that are powering Bloomberg Compliance's large scale data processing pipelines. Your team's largest tenants are processing the lion's share of the data volume aforementioned: the real-time Communications Surveillance engine and the batch ETL pipelines for trade and communications archiving. Our product's stringent SLA and massive influx of data volume serve as a primary driver for our platform to be highly available, scalable, and reliable.
As a senior engineer, you will be directly responsible for the stability and performance of our Mesos-based private cloud, both at Linux hardware and software stack where Sensu, Chef, Rundeck, and Jenkins power our daily operations. You will contribute to developing the vision for our platform 2.0 strategy moving towards Kubernetes as the foundation and executing it by also working closely with Bloomberg's own Software and Technology Infrastructure engineers.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience configuring and tuning Linux systems for performance
- 5+ years of experience programming Python, Ruby, Go, or shell scripting
- Expertise using logging analysis and metrics tools for monitoring large complex clusters
- Expertise with automation/configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Excellent technical communications and cross departmental collaboration skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Track record applying SRE or DevOps principles in medium to large engineering organization
- Experience establishing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience operating applications on public cloud such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Capacity planning and resource budgeting experience in multi tenant cloud set up
- Working experience with cloud platform technologies such as Mesos, Docker, or Kubernetes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From