For over 30 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to access the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions. We absorb billions of data points from hundreds of financial markets every single day. Our developers build applications that fuel the markets by providing intelligent analytics and transparency to level the playing field. We share a passion for solving today's problems by innovating for tomorrow. Our engineers write high performance, low latency and scalable code using proprietary and open source technologies to develop large-scale systems.
What are we working on now?
Leveraging the latest technologies we build solutions to the problems of tomorrow. Looking to provide an edge to our clients and level the playing field created through explosion in technology by providing clients access to the resulting analytics on scalable platforms.
What is coming up?
In a world of big data, financial professionals are increasingly competing with one another through their ability to make sense of the ever increasing vast amounts of information around them. As we expand our product suite to cater beyond our core customer base to enterprise clients, finance data scientist, strategists and quantitative modelers, we are looking to expand our application platform with cutting edge propriety and open source big data technologies to create new products / systems for our clients. These new products will allow us to respond to client calculations / searches / queries and modelling with insight and transparency not previously achievable in the financial markets.
We'll trust you to:
- Define scalable calculation logic for interactive and batch use cases
- Interact with infrastructure and data teams to produce complex analysis across equity data
- Interface with open source technologies in production for client facing applications
- Contribute back into the open source community
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience Java
- Experience in delivering high performance production quality systems to clients
- Functional understanding of distributed systems architecture
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and all phases of software development
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Financial domain knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++ and Python
- Hands on experience and production use of Hadoop / Cassandra, Spark and other distributed technologies
- Experience with Spark's MLlib or building ML pipelines in Equivalent frameworks
The teams you could join: Equity
We build applications to analyze market trends, compare and contrast companies, evaluate analyst predictions and refine investment ideas. For example, a client can see what Wall Street analysts believe the performance of a company will be, build an investment model from thousands of characteristics and then analyze the model's performance historically. Our platform delivers real-time critical insights and alerts based on our clients' current holdings and changes in a company's characteristics. We use big data technologies on top of vast global data sets that span over 30 years. You'll gain a deep understanding of data modeling and processing, how to architect high-performance backend systems, and visual design.
More Jobs From