At Bloomberg Law, we are building the most sophisticated legal research platform on the market. Our search engine ranges over laws and lawsuits, along with books and news to help attorneys interpret the latest decisions. It's a massive dataset--billions of documents, from Antitrust law to Zimbabwean patents--so we also offer a suite of ML-powered tools that make research quicker and easier. If an attorney needs to analyze how a judge has ruled on a certain topic, see how the language in a contract compares to market, or parry their opponents' arguments with a case they haven't even thought of, we can help! Our mission is to automate away the tedious aspects of lawyering and help our customers work smarter on the hard stuff.
You'll Need to Have:
- Expertise in Java, SQL, algorithms, and concurrency
- Experience with Spring Framework's ecosystem, including Spring Boot, Spring Data and Spring MVC
- Proficiency in Python (or interest in learning)
- Experience w/ caching (we use Redis, but memached or similar is fine too)
- A deep understanding of modern web applications and issues related to scale, security, availability, and performance.
- A passion for testing
- Interest in learning and growing in your career. We offer a variety of benefits for engineers to learn new technologies, attend and speak at conferences, and contribute to open-source.
Nice to have:
- Experience with a front-end framework. We use Vue.js extensively, but if you know React, Angular, etc., that would be great too.
- Experience with large scale metrics gathering and reporting systems
- Experience with full-text search systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From