Senior Engineer: Kubernetes
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Kubernetes team, the software you write will power clusters for over a million users around the globe. You will define the next generation of cloud services, making developers' lives (both inside DO and in the 'wild') easier by building new services that improve our efficiency and also provide important new features for our customers. If your passion is building products customers rely on every day, this is the right job for you. This role can be worked remotely or from our offices in NYC and Cambridge, MA.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build the services that power our upcoming Kubernetes offering
- Work with our product teams to build the next generation of products and services for our developers community.
- Drive architecture for complex products by determining current limitations and coming up with solutions.
Technologies We Use:
- Kubernetes, Go, GRPC, MySQL, Prometheus, Kafka
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer building software used by 1000s of users
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Go
- Record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring and observability
- Systems thinking
- Strong opinions, weakly held
- Bonus: Linux administration experience and familiarity with the Linux networking stack
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!