Office Tour Photos
TripAdvisor members represent our most engaged, highest-value users. As the worlds largest global travel platform, we have a massive base of over 100MM+ mailable members to manage and optimize. In 2019, we will deliver on a renewed and focused commitment to our members, building useful features and benefits that help people travel better. An enormous component of this effort is rooted in communication & engagement, which will be the primary remit of the Director of Member Engagement.
About the role:
TripAdvisor seeks an experienced Director of Member Engagement (email marketing) to develop new-to-TripAdvisor methods of communicating with our members beyond email, via push notifications, product integrations, content, etc. You will transform our current email strategy, guiding members through the traveler journey and engaging them with useful information that cements TripAdvisor as their trusted travel partner. You will develop a new content and contact strategy based on user signals, data, and traveler needs, and leverage infrastructure that you help create to accelerate us to that goal.
You will serve as a subject matter expert on omni-channel communication, with an orientation around member experience and measurable engagement that drives long-term business results.
This is an entrepreneurial leadership role, with an opportunity to develop and expand the team, outline new practices and communication strategies, create an omnichannel infrastructure, and transform how we connect with hundreds of millions of members globally.
With the launch of the new TripAdvisor experience, the Director of Member Engagement is responsible for developing and driving the long-term strategy, processes, and infrastructure to ensure a world-class communication and engagement program.
- Lead re-thinking and re-defining our overall communication with our members
- Develop an omni-channel strategy [e.g., email and push channels]
- Work with team to develop new email campaigns and optimize existing campaigns
- Collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Brand Marketing and Product partners to ensure that communications are sent at the right time, with the right message, across the right channel based on signals, data, and user needs
- Partner with business units to deliver performance/commerce oriented KPIs without sacrificing the needs of our members
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery and infrastructure requirements, including but not limited to: specifying required data, segmentation & targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements
- Ensure infrastructure solution delivers on both business goals and user-centric communications.
- Serve as the companys thought leader on best practices, engagement strategies, and forward-looking opportunities that deliver useful information and content when and how our users want to be communicated to
- Work with Analytics team to own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of engagement performance and build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance
- Initiate and conduct in-depth CRM performance and user data analyses that will directly impact strategy and the program roadmap
- Articulate and present data analyses and insights effectively to the team and to key stakeholders
- Core KPIs for role are: member revenue growth, member engagement, email health, and user satisfaction metrics
- Develop and expand the team to build a high performing, world-class CRM program
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10+ years experience in relevant ecommerce and content email marketing experience, with strong experience in user engagement, loyalty, lifecycle and ecommerce conversion via CRM [email, push]
- Demonstrated experience growing and executing on a brand strategy
- Have experience in rethinking, evolving, building new CRM strategies for a business with compelling business results
- Brings best practices and innovative ideas to team to level-up engagement, lifecycle, and commerce conversion via email.
- Results-driven marketer with proven quantitative and analytical skills
- Is experienced with CRM infrastructure to help input and provide requirements for new CRM infrastructure solution
- Creative problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail, requiring minimal supervision
- Lean-in, proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively
- Passion for CRM and user engagement
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
More Jobs From