Office Tour Photos
Based in New York, Boston and Italy, and backed by top tier venture capital firms, M.Gemi is a fast growing direct to consumer brand with a passion for designing must-have products, while using data science and a unique supply chain to reinvent and accelerate the luxury market. Our team of passionate creatives, engineers, product managers, supply chain experts, multi-generational Italian shoemakers, and merchants are reinventing online consumer shopping experiences, experiential retail and accessible luxury. As the only brand in the world that delivers new collections of luxury shoes every week, we have a loyal (some say obsessed) and rapidly growing customer base.
The Senior Interactive Designer will play a hands-on design role and will be responsible for single-handedly working on their own creative design solutions for multiple assignments at a time. They will be responsible for the overall concept and execution of assigned projects, and will bring to life the brand digitally with speed and conviction, whilst maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. Above all they must have a passion for making exceptional ground breaking digital work in an incredibly fast paced retail environment.
- Work within creative teamto develop exceptional interactive and graphic design solutions for all M. Gemi digital experiences including: websites, mobile applications, email blasts (EDM), digital advertising, environmental and interactive displays
- Lead and collaborate with other team members to digitally deliver company brand objectives. Bring innovative digital ideas to life with superior creativity and a commercial awareness
- Collaborate and support the Design Director and Editorial Director to evolve and develop the brand, through seasonal concepting and design development
- Partner with Director of Creative Operations, Copy team and Design Director tocomplete projects within the timeline and budget
- Collaborate with developers to achieve visual design quality in scalable digital solutions
- Ensure UX and brand best practices are upheld through all digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate on wireframes and UI skins for our mobile and desktop sites, with UX leads & engineering team
- Create and present proof-of-concept & designs for big-picture projects
- Partner with Design Director to propose design solutions that are both meaningful in metrics and brand missionwhile supporting data driven requirements
- See projects through from start to finish, communicating regularly with product managers and doing QA work once development has begun
- 4-6 years designing interactive projects
- Exceptional design portfolio of recognizable work for high-profile clients
- Creativity is an absolute must! Our development team is constantly in need of portable, unique and sustainable solutions. You must successfully come up with effective design ideas that are visually arresting and conceptually engaging.
- Demonstration and understanding of responsive web design is a plus
- Understanding of usability and navigation issues both desktop and mobile
- On the cutting edge of latest trends and best practices
Qualities to Succeed
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for detail, typography, imagery and color
- Outstanding creative presentation skills of your work
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details while working in a fast-paced environment
- A resourceful problem solver with a positive attitude
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to balance quality of work and available resources
- You are passionate about the world of retail and are looking to grow with M.Gemi as it matures.
- You want to get to know our brand and our customers and use that familiarity to form the basis of well-considered design solutions
More Jobs From