Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers journey. More than 600 customers, including American Express, Cisco and IBM rely on the worlds most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time.
Our DevOps Engineers play a critical role in the success of our product by providing developers with stable and scalable tools and platforms. With a solid understanding of software engineering, our geographically distributed team creates tools, scripts, and frameworks to help teams quickly and reliably release code to production. Our team has been successfully working fully remote using collaboration tools such as Zoom & Slack. Depending on your location and current safety guidelines, you will have the opportunity to be based out of one of our many offices across the US. We work closely with development teams to drive the adoption of tools and best practices throughout the SDLC. Initiatives you work on may include: driving adoption or improvement of DevOps capabilities, evaluation and rollout of CNCF tools, streamlining identity and access management, standing up a new environments, or expanding our footprint into new clouds.
Who You Are:
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the work that you do
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, you know when to take charge and move forward
- Passionate for automation, you understand that automation not only saves time, but allows developers to spend more time doing what they do best - code!
- Well versed in best practices in the DevOps and Cloud Engineering fields
What you will be doing:
- Build, scale, and secure application cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Build and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and Github Actions
- Automate configuration management with tools like Ansible
- Work closely with developers to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Advocate and implement industry best practices for configuration management and build/deployment automation
- Participate in an on-call rotation to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation leveraging instrumentation like New Relic and Logentries
- Perseverance to debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Create tooling that works across operating systems and cloud providers
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a DevOps or Systems Engineering role
- Strong scripting or tool creation using scripting languages like PowerShell, Shell, Bash, or Python
- Solid understanding of the build and release process and continuous integration and delivery
- Knowledge of networking technology and concepts: TCP/UDP, SSL, HTTP, NAT
- SQL database development and optimization skills are a plus
- Understanding and passion for developing highly secure and highly available systems
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP, IBM, & AWS.
- Previous experience as a software engineer a plus
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.