The DevOps Engineer is an individual contributor focusing on delivering and supporting custom-built applications within Aetna. The ideal candidate will be a critical member of the Aetna Platform Engineering team to help design, develop, and maintain the support processes and procedures for application configuration and deployment. This Candidate will partner with various infrastructure groups and development teams to enable CI/CD pipelines for various applications.
- 5+ years of experience building or maintaining custom applications.
- Experience with configuration management, deployment automation systems and concepts (Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Puppet, Chef, Git, TFS, ClearCase, etc).
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python OR Bash OR PowerShell.
- Work with Jenkins and CI/CD tools to automate software delivery (build, test, deploy).
- Experience with basic Linux and/or Windows administration.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud Technologies ( AWS, GCP OR Azure)
- Healthcare IT experience
- WebSphere products experience (IIB, DataPower)
- Prior development experience in Java or .NET applications
- Hands-on working knowledge, with large-scale, high-availability heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Hands-on working experience with implementing configuration, build, deployment and release management best practices.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.