What's the role?
The Enterprise Risk Management team within Bloomberg's Chief Risk and Compliance Office (CRCO) is responsible for implementing a firm wide Risk Management program, including identification and assessment of risk, development of Key Risk Indicators, thresholds and monitoring, and designing and building dynamic models focused on detecting anomalous patterns and other high risk events.
Bloomberg is seeking a highly capable individual to join the Bloomberg Enterprise Risk Management team (BRM) to help design, develop and implement a data driven Risk program, by working closely across CRCO and other control functions to solve complex risk challenges.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with the relevant partners to help solve complex problems
- Collect and curate data needed to understand potential solutions to the problems
- Proactively explore, research, describe and analyze data
- Develop and implement the required analytics to address the problem
- Communicate the insights and results of your analysis the team
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with lines of business, and key partners and stakeholders including Compliance, Audit, Information Security, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Finance, HR and others
- Continuously evaluate changes in internal and external environment to enhance risk scenarios and use cases and make recommendations to ensure a data strategy that maintains pace with a changing risk landscape
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated data science experience in developing and implementing significant data-driven decision-making projects.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality Python code consistent with PEP8
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate-level coursework or equivalent in statistics and in machine learning
- Solid working knowledge of linear regression, multivariate and univariate hypothesis testing. You should know how to perform this analysis and to understand when things can go wrong.
- Proven ability to formulate risk management issues as a statistical or machine learning problem and demonstrated ability to implement the formulation as high-quality Python code
- Ability to implement statistics and machine learning models in Python 3 data science stack, particularly scikit-learn, numpy, statsmodels and pandas
- Initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated success in managing projects and working closely with business stakeholders
- Experience in working with and handling extremely sensitive materials and information
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts and issues into insights for Senior Management and non-technical audiences
- Sample of code and/or non-confidential work product will be required, and passing of a technical aptitude test will be mandatory
We'd Love To See:
- Experience in a role related to risk management, corporate investigations, internal audit, counterintelligence, compliance or related field
- Data engineering expertise in building data pipelines, ETL and SQL.
- A passion for designing and building software to help solve problems
If this sounds like you: Apply! If we believe you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg" www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From