At Feather, our mission is to transform peoples relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. Youll join a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers and helping people live light.
Feather is seeking a Data hire to work closely with our leadership team and investors to help drive the strategic direction of the company.
Youre a great fit if youre happy to get your hands dirty but also understand strategy and have the desire to build a team as we scale.
What youll be doing:
- Use analytical thinking, mathematics, and data manipulation to build models that can be used across various functions within Feathers operations, engineering, and finance teams to make better and faster decisions
- Build scalable practices to create a solid foundation for Feathers backend data structure
- Clearly define analytical business problems and create innovative solutions for them by facilitating the application of cutting edge techniques
- Create a foundation for a data team and build the team over time by developing KPIs for the function and job descriptions for additional data hires.
- Transform large sets of raw data into easily consumable reports and models to be read by technical and non-technical users
- Create dashboards and reports to empower teams (within Looker or excel).
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years experience in a data-focused role
- Strong written and verbal communication to easily articulate findings to teams with varying degrees of experience with data analysis
- Ability to work as an individual contributor to tackle basic data needs, and context switch to use higher level thinking in team meetings and strategy planning.
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques and using platforms such as TensorFlow, Azure, R, Pandas, SparkR, etc.
- Experience with Looker and the LOOKML, as well as creating models.
- Experience and background in Finance is a big plus.
- Some experience with AWS - Redshift services.
- Some Data Engineering experience or knowledge of ETL process preferred.
Who you are:
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team and growing with Feather
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What youll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous health, vision, dental, and ancillary benefits
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook and a high-resolution external monitor
- A stylish desk and an ergonomic chair (it's what we do, after all!)