Senior Data Science Engineer
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You want to make an impact. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a person with long and proven experience in data science, software development and team management.
We are looking for a Senior Data Science Engineer to work in our New York office. You need to be obsessed about statistics and have extensive experience with software development. You will analyze complex problems and opportunities, propose solutions and lead teams to implement algorithmic enhancements across our platform.
- Lead a group of data scientists and software engineers, communicating clearly our strategy and motivating them to give their best.
- Propose and execute data science experiments to test hypotheses.
- Work with the team to build ways to identify the best carriers to perform a shipment from point A to point B. Do the same thing to identify the best load for a given carrier/truck.
- Work with the team to develop our predictive pricing model for full truckload shipping. Pricing along the US tends to fluctuate daily due to factors such as seasonality, produce harvests and traffic, there are over 900,000 different routes in the US and each may have an impact in pricing.
- 10+ years of data science / software development experience.
- An MS in an analytics/machine learning related discipline (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Astrophysics or other quantitative) -- PhD preferred.
- Substantial experience managing data science projects.
- An ability to work to get an idea from inception to implementation, including knowledge of techniques for validation and A/B testing.
- Software development skills in Python for Data Science.
- Familiarity with databases and working in SQL.
- Knowledge of analytics techniques (machine learning/time series analysis/optimization, etc) commensurate with education/experience level.
- Leadership skills and experience to lead a group of talented data scientists and software engineers.
- Experience in logistics would be a BIG PLUS.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes. Candidates and employees are treated with respect regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.