Founded in 2018, digital consumer goods company Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA businesses, boasting a massive innovation platform that brings high quality products to market across digital marketplaces and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 5,000 Amazon companies, acquiring nearly 100 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of nearly 14,000 category-leading products, Thrasios brands outperform almost every other seller on Amazon. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to nearly 600 people globally--78% of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Data Connectivity Team designs, builds and maintains the integrated platform that securely procures and links critical business data from disparate internal and external sources. This involves assimilating all structured, unstructured and semi-structured data and normalizing it to a form conducive to Thrasios business needs (think supply chain, marketing, finance). We are the first mile in Thrasios data engine and enable delivery of business value from data.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with other architects and engineers to define, execute, and update core data systems while maintaining a high level of availability and transactional correctness.
- Provide technical leadership in coordination with data analytics and product management to define, deliver, and update the entities, entity relationships, and their representation as tables, constraints, and stored procedures in the Thrasio data systems.
- Help define future technical direction for the data systems in collaboration with senior management, product management and stakeholders.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 5+ years of information and database architecture expertise
- Demonstrated expertise in Information Architecture, Data Engineering, and data warehousing
- Familiarity with Analytics and Data Science
- Strong experience designing distributed systems for scale and high availability.
- Extensive experience in designing microservice based applications and data pipelines, concepts of ETLs.
- Strong experience with SQL including advanced techniques and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated data management experience with at least one, preferably two major SQL database platforms: MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Deep experience with at least one cloud platform; Azure, Amazon, or Google. We use Amazon.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Ability to present complicated analytical methodology and results to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech and customer obsessed environment.
Nice to Have, but Not Required:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc and industry standard Data Warehousing technologies: Snowflake, Spark, Apache Airflow, celery, etc.
- Understanding of columnar formats such as parquet, avro
- Deep experience with micro service orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Experience using data transformation tools such as panda, pyspark, etc.
- Experience leading onshore or offshore teams, or mentoring junior engineers
- Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.