Office Tour Photos
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Seeking a smart, scrappy and entrepreneurial publicist who knows the world of media and advertising, with additional experience in content creation and event planning. The right candidate will contribute to increasing the awareness of TripAdvisors growing and global advertising business as we help media buyers (from CMOs to agencies) understand the value of our audience. The Senior Communications Manager will also assist in the promotion of TripAdvisors growing display and performance-based media organization within the Core Experience business unit. He/she will collaborate with colleagues in sales and digital marketing to increase consideration of new advertising solutions. This experienced communications pro will also be responsible for developing and leveraging thought leadership opportunities that will promote our channel to endemic (tourism) and non-endemic buyers (e.g., chain restaurants, automotive, CPG, financial, etc.) interested in reaching hi-intent travelers and diners on TripAdvisor.
Prefer that this position be based in New York City or will consider qualified candidates in Needham, MA. This person will work in a global role, engaging with colleagues in the U.S., EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Proactive B2B PR
- Development and project management of press releases, pitches, Q&As and messaging to support the launch of new media solutions, partnerships and/or customer announcements.
- Active monitoring of internal product updates and external industry environment to anticipate communications opportunities and issues.
- Conceiving of newsworthy story angles and marketing collateral that is aligned with the media teams thought leadership goals. Ultimately, the end goal for all content creation driving leads for the sales team.
- Relationship-building with US-based media/advertising trade media and industry analysts (e.g., Forrester, eMarketer).
- Events Marketing
- Identifying the most impactful opportunities for TripAdvisor at industry events and conferences from Cannes to Advertising Week.
- Creating dynamic experiences with a visual, branded presence, to promote TripAdvisor at targeted media industry events; enabling key executives to relationship build with the larger advertising community.
- Organizing, developing and supporting compelling customer events that successfully help communicate our value proposition to the larger advertising community.
- Content Marketing
- Working in partnership with editorial support services to develop written content such as case studies, white papers, by-line articles for industry trades, messaging documents, factsheets, and research reports.
- Speaker support, including speech writing and complementary visuals.
- Analysing data and research and translating data into newsworthy communications.
- Developing presentations, supporting internal events and external partner meetings.
- Administrative Support
- Measurement and tracking understands how to measure success, set key performance indicators (KPIs).
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- Media/advertising experience in B2B PR and/or corporate communications; in-house experience preferred to include communications and project management.
- Events management experience, inclusive of supporting small customer events and larger conferences, including Cannes, recode events, Advertising Week, Aspen Ideas, smaller ad-tech and ad media conferences and gatherings, etc.
- Excellent track record in media relations, inclusive of building relationships with key trade and business media.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills to complement a busy leadership team in a fast paced environment.
- Strong corporate/persuasive writing and editing skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and meeting quick deadlines. Must be agile and flexible to change.
- Superior judgement and strategic thinking expertise.
- Ability to convert commercial products into newsworthy content for earned media.
- Previous success working as a team player, able to build strong, constructive relationships across multiple teams and business units globally.
- Technical skills that include proficiency with Google Docs and Microsoft Office; experience with turning content (videos, presentations, etc.) into compelling designed collateral (working in partnership with designers). Should also be comfortable learning new technology systems.
- Experience working with global team members and ability to remain flexible with time differences.
- The following experience and skills would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with lead scoring; digital marketing in a sales environment where lead generation is paramount.
- Fluency in one of the following languages: French, Spanish
More Jobs From