UiPath is the fastest-growing enterprise software company in history. Our team grew to over 2,900 employees today, across 53 offices in 20 countries... In just a few years.
Our culture is embedded into our DNA, guiding us every step of the way. Were fast, immersed, humble and bold. And thats not just words on the walls.
Eliminating time-consuming tasks means people get to do more of what they love. Its an inspiring, high stakes challenge that motivates us, and this common passion bonds UiPath employees globally. We all strive every day to be better and to accelerate human achievement.
We make robots, but we hire people. Would you like to be part of this journey?
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will lead or be part of an engineering team solving large enterprise business problems at scale and developing a new class of web platform services. You must have great problem-solving skill, deeply care of user experiences and have a data and metric driven mind set. The ideal candidate should be well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle and should be able to produce well-tested high-quality code. Apart from possessing strong technical skills, the candidate should show a strong bias for action, be adaptable and exhibit uninhibited entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude. The candidate must also be able to take lead on analyzing complex technical issues, technology choices and communicate them with the team and stakeholders in both written and verbal manner to drive consensus.
Our engineering leaders are hands-on technical leaders with a proven track record of building world-class diverse engineering teams and delivering customer value rapidly. If you enjoy building software with a broad range of technologies and being part of a smart, agile team that is motivated by solving hard business problems with technology, come join us!
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in software development Exceptional design, coding and problem-solving skills, with a bias for architecting at scale.
- Experience leading full stack technology teams and/or cloud services teams.
- Real-world experience developing large scale commercial services with robust performance, resiliency and telemetry, delivered both Online and OnPrem.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices, including agile development, CI/CD and devops. Ability work with globally distributed teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in RESTful service development with Node and Express.
- Familiarity with performance testing and tuning Node servers.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and architectural design patternsUnderstanding of basic data structures (list, vector, stack, heap), basic algorithms (sort, search, etc.) and associated time/memory complexity
- Effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with another backend language like Python, PHP, or C#
- We are offering flexible working hours in a nice office plus free daily premium catering, unlimited vacation, healthcare plan, competitive salary and equity plan. We must have caught your attention by now if you've read so far, so we must connect.
Life at UiPath sometimes feels like a rollercoaster. It comes with changes and challenges, but also with a lot of learning opportunities. On this journey, you will enjoy all the usual perks, as well as access to premium health packages or 401(k). We believe the relationship between an employee and a company is a two-way street; it's why we choose to reward every employee with a Stock Options Plan.
At UiPath, we value a range of diverse backgrounds experiences and ideas. We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other protected classes.