At Feather, our mission is to transform our relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. Youll join a hard working, innovative team dedicated to solving problems that help our customers and the environment.
We are looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll play a key part in the architecture of software solutions in a largely uncharted space: reverse logistics and subscription to physical goods.
What youll be doing:
- Architect and model key functionality relied upon by our customers and multi-market workforce.
- Work in a distributed architecture consisting of APIs and message/event consuming microservices.
- Help identify the best technologies (AWS or otherwise) to address challenges in our roadmap.
- Help drive the evolution of our core data model, and deliver code that prioritizes data integrity/usefulness.
- Be a proponent of testable, scalable solutions.
- Collaborate closely with senior engineers while providing guidance to other engineers as the team continues to grow.
- Help define the coding standards and best practices for our engineering team as we grow.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience solving complex technical challenges. We're excited to hear about some of the interesting problems you've tackled!
- 5+ years of experience building commercial software with a modern programming language
- 3+ years building RESTful APIs using Express (or similar)
- 3+ years working with relational databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server; understanding of complex joins, indexes, foreign keys, triggers, etc. are a must
- 2+ years in a cloud based ecosystem, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience developing with a test-driven mentality
- Proficiency with Git
- A good understanding of CI/CD
Some of the tools you'll be using:
*Please note: you definitely don't need to know all of these just yet. We care much more that you would be excited to bring your current experience to the table to ramp up on these technologies.
- Language: Typescript
- Test frameworks: Jest
- Datastores: MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Server: ElasticBeanstalk and Serverless Lambdas running on AWS
- APM: NewRelic
- Containerization: Docker
- Version control: Git
Who you are:
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Excited about joining a small team and growing with Feather
- Passionate about Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What youll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous health, vision, dental, and ancillary benefits
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest MacBook and a high-resolution external monitor
- A stylish desk and an ergonomic chair (it's what we do, after all!)