We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team! This group shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, scalability, availability, and continued deployment. You will build the platform that powers the retail experience for some of largest brands in the world.
You will use the latest tools and technologies to solve challenging and interesting problems to redefine the way people shop and how online retailers develop relationships with their customers. Check out our current tech stack here. Above all, your work will positively impact the lives of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Python services that serve millions of users.
- Scale our platform to support continued exponential user growth.
- Build platform features that make the life easier for engineers working in other teams at Ordergroove and those working for our biggest clients.
- Develop and maintain our external APIs which are flexible, extremely responsive, and highly available.
- Help us materialize our long term SaaS platform vision by turning it into tactical goals and requirements.
- Support the transition of our platform from monolith to microservices.
- Work on the cutting edge technology to solve interesting and challenging problems. Your contribution will earn you bragging rights on our engineering blog.
- You have experience in designing and building distributed, high volume services preferably written in Python.
- You are a skilled communicator and are comfortable articulating complex ideas and talking abstract concepts.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structure, algorithms and are comfortable working with larger data sets.
- You care about code quality and you thrive in a test driven environment; know what it means to ship high quality code, and are eager to continuously improve by leaving the grass greener on any piece of the platform you get to work on.
- You are a passionate mentor and advocate for your technological vision but you are also respectful and open to learn from other people's view points.
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with Django Celery or another asynchronous task management system.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Supported external APIs and/or developer communities.
- Experience with one or more of e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems.
Were a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers and innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. Weve raised over $40M in venture capital and are planning to grow our team to 100 people this year!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking and curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games and game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and meaningful stock option grants. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways and boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more and apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.
More Jobs From