Senior Android Engineer
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members.We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and well expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
What youll do:
As a Senior Android Engineer at Stash you will be a hands-onself-starter with a passion for innovation. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environmentand can work closely with all aspects of the company to deliver high-quality solutions. There's no limit to the level of responsibility you can take on or the speed at which you can see your ideas take flight. If you're interested in maintaining, improving, and building upon anaward-winning digital investment platform lowering the barrier to investment and solving challenging, interesting problems, then Stash may be the place for you!
What were looking for:
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or relevant industry experience
- 4+ years experience working on Android
- Proficient in Android SDK and life-cycle components
- Extensive knowledge of Android UI components
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Experience in Model-View-Presenter architectural pattern
- Experience with Kotlin, Rxjava, Dagger 2, and Retrofit/OkHttp
- A keen interest in automated testing
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
*Equity In Stash *Flexible Vacation
*FourFamily-Friendly Medical Plans *TwoDental & One Vision Insurance Plan
*401k * Learning & Development Stipend
*Commuter Benefits *Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
*Employee Referral Bonuses *Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
*Thursday Happy Hours *Catered Lunch on Fridays
*Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.