Office Tour Photos
About Our Role
The KAYAK and OpenTable Finance team is currently seeking a Senior Accountant who will report to the Director of Accounting, based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA or Stamford, CT.
You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and building relationships with global teams members within finance and across the organization. The Senior Accountant is responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities, such as: proper application of US GAAP, recording accounting transactions (monthly, quarterly, annual), performing balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for various financial activities, including: General Accrued Expenses, Partners & Affiliates Expenses, Bad Debt Expenses, and Marketing Expenses. Research and propose resolution for discrepancies or identified issues
- Prepare monthly financial statement fluctuation analyses for management reporting
- Work together and support Accounting Managers in various accounting projects and global process alignment and improvement initiatives
- Assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Assist with annual statutory audits
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify areas for operational improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes.
- Assist in system implementation and data testing.
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary.
You are detail oriented while also able to see the big picture. When faced with a problem, you propose a solution. You love understanding the why behind the numbers, exercise professional skepticism and maintain a natural curiosity. You have a shown ability to prioritize your work, manage to deadlines and keep your manager well informed. You are a self-started with an ability to manage multiple tasks. You can work independently but know when to ask for assistance, and you take pride in ownership over your areas. You are able to effectively communicate with team members and management.
Your experience and education:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with accounting software such as Great Plains a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a requirement, along with a high level of attention to detail
About Our Team
Our Finance team supports the business: we provide reports, pay the bills and our people, collect money, crunch numbers and meet stringent compliance standards and deadlines and we have fun while doing it. We take our responsibilities seriously, as we do the company Halloween competition. We enjoy working together and with our cross-functional colleagues around the globe. We value integrity, personal accountability and proactive thinking, and we take pride in mentorship and in crafting opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Does this sound like you? If so, lets chat!
About KAYAK and OpenTable
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From