Feather is redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
Feather is seeking a Senior Accountant as part of the Finance Team. We are looking for candidates who are hands-on and up for the challenge of building and monitoring the accounting framework that will serve every financial reporting need for Feather.
What youll do:
- Verify, post and reconcile accounts payable, credit cards, bank statements, and other balance sheet accounts
- Work with vendors and internal staff to address billing inquiries
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Provide input into the finance teams goal setting process
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement reporting packages
- Assist with the audit and ensure proper record retention
- Perform monthly fluctuation analysis
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with the entire accounting team to improve financial procedures
What you have:
- An eagerness to join a fast-paced environment at a growing and evolving company
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or comparable discipline
- 37 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Bill.com, Expensify and Sage Intacct
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team, and own every challenge no matter the size of the task.
- Ability to communicate fearlessly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant certification (i.e. CPA) preferred but not required
What you'll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Access to 401(k), commuter benefits, and HSA/FSA
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- A monthly stipend to support remote work
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done