Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Secondary sits within Capital Markets. The team is the revenue generator for Better and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. We discover, quantify, and implement new loan programs, as well as seek to maximize our gains from our loan sales with diverse investors such as Agencies, national banks, community banks, REITs and conduits.
Better is looking for a proactive, strategic thinker, who understands both Agency and Non-Agency markets . You would work on developing different strategies to maximize revenue with our existing relationships, as well as identify and nurture sources of additional liquidity. The alpha we extract ultimately improves the rates and prices we show our borrowers. Betters data set covers billions of dollars of origination and its Secondarys responsibility to discover and monetize insights.
About Your Role:
Your ultimate goal at Better is to understand how our loans are priced, hedged and traded, in order to improve execution and lower costs, which translates to borrower savings and revenue for Better.
Upon joining you will first immerse yourself in Betters mortgage process, from start to finish, so that you establish a firm understanding of Betters building blocks. Better is unique and knowing our systems and technology is integral in adding value; we manufacture the things we trade. From there, you will help with the oversight of our hedged pipeline, loan sales and become familiar with the data we capture and how it can be harnessed.
Eventually you will use all this information to identify areas where we can extract value, both in the conforming and non-conforming markets. This may come in the form of familiarizing and selling a potential investor on why they should partner with Better or negotiating tailored transactions with our existing borrower base. Better has limitless potential and its our job to make sure everyone knows that and utilizes it.
- 6+ years experience in agency/non-agency loans/securities market
- Analytical, logical, and can synthesize disorganized data into concise frameworks
- Existing buy/sell side relationships within Securitized Products and/or Whole Loan market
- Ability to multitask without compromising accuracy
- Proactive, Self Driven and Entrepreneurial
- Proficiency in SQL/Excel
- Legitimate understanding of MBS, Jumbo 2.0 and Non-QM markets
- Understand interest rate dynamics and affect on different mortgage valuations
- Articulate your findings in an understandable way to multiple audiences
- Humility and accountability that translates into strong collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefitsincluding medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.