As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
We are currently looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our fast paced-entrepreneurial culture. This individual will be part of Enterprise Systems in IT directly responsible for one or more scrum teams supporting the Netsuite Quote to Cash process area, which is a critical asset in Dattos landscape. This individual will also be responsible for evolving current team practices and further adoption of best practices to facilitate and promote high performing scrum teams.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Overall responsibility for the timely and effective delivery of one or more scrum teams to meet agreed upon Quote to Cash program objectives
- Facilitate sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective sessions for assigned work streams
- Work with the Product Solution Manager to drive effective product planning, story prioritization and backlog management
- alignment with program objectives and commitments
- estimation of relative complexity of backlog items
- use of empiricism and/or other techniques to forecast remaining work
- Mentor and drive best practices for story development and backlog items
- clearly defined, appropriately sized/estimated, and testable stories
- backlog items that yield usable product increments that can be prioritized and aligned to the product roadmap
- Facilitates the creation of project management reports and metrics that are consistent across the program
- Educate stakeholders on the use of metrics to assess productivity and progress
- Transparent artifacts
- Presentation and distribution of key measurements to stakeholders
- Foster and promote continuous process and practice improvements within the team and across the program.
- Work with other scrum masters and program/project managers to drive best and consistent practices across teams (e.g. Scrum of Scrum)
- Encourage and drive self-organizing teams and a fulfilling/motivating work environment
- Coordinate and integrate the efforts of external resources/teams
- Identify, communicate requirements and request/schedule efforts from other teams including but not limited to Middleware (e.g. Mulesoft), Network, Security, Release Management and Production Support with sensitivity to their processes, priorities and timelines
- Work with other team leads to integrate or modify disparate processes for seamless integration
- Proactively identify and work to remove other resource impediments
- Effective and timely stakeholder communications
- Understands how to use and ensures data is accurately maintained in Datto IT Project Management tools (e.g. Jira, TM4J - Test Management for Jira)
- Work with the PMO/Program Team to promote alignment and adoption of best practices
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master managing large complex development in a corporate or high tech environment.
- 5+ years of technical project management
- Experience with agile project management tools. Knowledge of Jira a plus
- G Suite skills
- Experience in developing high performing teams
- Experience in implementing scrum and/or process improvements a strong plus
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence peers
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, creative and proactive problem solver
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- CSM or other agile certification a plus
- Bachelors degree with a minor/major in a computer related field a plus
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.