About the Team:
This is a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that operate at the center of the deal making community in their region. This team covers both Advisory professionals (Investment Banks & Law Firms) and Corporate Development professionals (Fortune 1000 corporate dealmakers). Intralinks is utilized in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital raises and corporate restructuring and other strategic transactions. Our team engages customers through daily interactions in the form of phone calls, WebEx demos, live meetings, and various customer events during and after business hours.
As a Sales Manager, you will lead and manage a team of quota carrying Account Executives and be responsible for hiring, setting goals, coaching, and motivating the sales team. In this role, you will develop sales strategies, participate in customer visits, and close business as well as manage the internal coordination of resources and teams to ensure target quota are achieved and exceeded.
Day to Day:
- Full managerial responsibility for a team of Account Executives/Juniors/Associates, typically 5 to 10 quota carrying salespeople.
- Build an effective team of salespeople that consistently meets or exceeds goals and targets, and coach Account Executives with a hands-on, team-oriented approach.
- Drive team to deliver the Intralinks value proposition in the field, phone meetings and WebEx, and to employ value-based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to grow revenues within existing accounts and expand the account base in target markets.
- Develop executive level relationships with customers and partners to advance individual opportunities and customer relationships.
- Conduct opportunity and account review sessions with reports.
- Complete required reports, (including forecast and pipeline reporting related to revenue and new business opportunities) by deadline.
- Work closely with other departments including Marketing, Product Management, Customer Service, and Legal to maximize opportunities and productivity for the Sales Team.
- Consult with senior management on hiring, performance, and salary decisions.
- Recommend strategies to improve sales including lead generation strategies in their region.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant business experience that may include relevant internships.
- Including at least 5 years proven success in achieving quota in a SaaS selling environment.
- Minimum 12 months experience managing, supervising, or coaching salespeople selling directly to large corporate accounts.
- Proven track record of success and consistent achievement of sales goals.
- Experience (with examples) with hiring, developing, and coaching successful sales executives.
- Ability to build relationships in a diverse set of organizations such as investment banks, legal and financial advisors, and with C level in Corporate Development, Finance, Legal and Information Systems.
- In depth knowledge of SaaS environments, business applications, industry trends and initiatives.
- Ability to travel (25%)
It would be great if you also had:
- A degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- A proven track record of achieving quota in Intralinks.
- Experience with Software as a Service in the financial services vertical.
- SalesForce.com expertise.
- Relevant business experience in either investment banking, private equity, or law firms.
- Experience in Force Management techniques.
SS&C Intralinks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.