Who we are
The Revenue Strategy and Operations team at Twitter partners with Global Twitter Client Solutions sales teams to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy, and lead all internal systems to drive productivity.
What you will do
As a Strategy and Operations Manager, you will be a member of the Global revenue strategy and operations team and a part of the Customers organization. You will build and execute core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management. In your role, you will also take up a broad spectrum of strategic projects ranging from designing resource allocation models, yield optimisation projects to managing roll-out and other key initiatives that impact the sales teams. Your job will also include in-depth quantitative analysis of key Twitter usage trends/inventory analysis in addition to other sales operations metrics with particular focus on problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes. You will work very closely with senior leaders across Operations, Sales and Customers teams to quickly understand issues and implement solutions. This is an Individual Contributor (IC) role that will support our Global Revenue Strategy and Operations leader; together you will partner with the Twitter Client Solutions VP who drives the majority of our company’s revenue
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. Our team does not shy away from rolling up our sleeves, slicing and dicing massive sets of information, and building solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Your hunger for working with data is only matched by your hunger for working at Twitter.
What does success in this role look like?
You will embed yourself with the sales team and become the strategy and operations backbone for those teams. Present strategic insights and recommendations to senior management and partners in the Product, Sales, Finance, Marketing and other support organizations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships with key brands and agencies. You are the go-to person in the Twitter Revenue org if anyone wants to know “what is happening” in your region. You will often independently identify issues, problem solve, and with enthusiasm drive solutions - people come to you when they have a tough problem and don’t know how to solve it.
- You will drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques to plan and communicate short and longer term resource needs.
- You will work with our cross functional partners (Sales teams, Revenue Product, Marketing, Finance, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements.
- You will help find opportunities to improve sales team efficiencies, and lead efforts to scale standard methodologies across your vertical/sector.
- You will participate and help steer global initiatives as appropriate and ensure that global initiatives are rolled out properly to every region/sector.
- You will develop, lead & report on key revenue and sales pipeline metrics.
- You will conduct strategic market insights including competitive landscape analysis to help formulate go to market plans.
- 5-10 years experience in the digital marketing industry and familiarity with popular digital advertising platforms.
- Management consulting experience a big plus.
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Experience working with sales operations function with similar needs and job function.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Familiar with SQL or any other form of database querying language a plus.
- Familiarity with the digital media and advertising landscape a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, engineering or related field of study.
- Bonus: MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- Bonus: Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From