We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
What youll do:
The Revenue Operations Planning Manager is proactive, analytical, and detail-oriented. He or she will be a positive and solution-oriented partner for stakeholders across the B2B business unit. The ideal candidate would have exposure to sales/revenue operations in a technology, subscription service, media setting, or relevant experience in a similar role.
The role reports to the Director, Revenue Operations in the B2B Business Operations team and works closely with stakeholders in Sales (Media, Enterprise and Inside), Product (for Hospitality Solutions), B2B Marketing, and Operations. This role will primarily be responsible for planning analysis for Tripadvisors Plus product, compensation, revenue impact and special projects identified across the business operations team. They will be responsible for learning the ins and outs of each business unit, building relationships with the senior leadership team, and drive forward initiatives that will help us accelerate sales revenue and efficiency. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong desire to identify problems and use data to find actionable solutions. They are self motivated, organized, and can work comfortably in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
This is a varied, business critical role that includes ownership of ad hoc, highly visible analysis at the senior leadership level.
- Work with our Go To Market team to develop solutions to complex and ambiguous business challenges, while being comfortable with a consistently revolving set of high impact priorities and projects to work on.
- Operate in an independent-work environment, with an ability to drive detailed analytics while also being able to critically think through and articulate strategic issues.
- Deliver planning analysis to leadership in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment on all new products (from ideation to launch)
- Navigate ambiguity and help influence stakeholders to support/lead recommendations.
- Developing tools, dashboards, and strategies for the sales team to increase the velocity and quality of its territory coverage
- Identify the metrics that matter to TripAdvisors commercial outcomes, distill these into easy-to-understand KPIs, and articulate a vision for ongoing measurement and reporting
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves
What we are looking for:
- A well-rounded and experienced top performer who can add value to a variety of business challenges. Youll combine excellent business acumen with strong operational rigor to articulate strategic issues with business insights to executives.
- Analytically orientated: Educational and/or deep professional background in quantitative analysis, an expert in asking the right questions, and answering them with data. Identifying risk and opportunities in sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting for the B2B organization, working closely with stakeholders in Marketing, Product, and Finance. Ability to operate with startup instincts within a $1B+ global organization.
- Forward thinking: An instinct to look around corners and plan several steps ahead, while identifying and mitigating risks before they stall your initiative
- 6-10 years professional experience; experience forecasting and revenue reporting on SaaS products
- Demonstrated success building stakeholder relationships and managing stakeholder
- Experience working with databases and tools with proficiency in SQL to write queries to store, sort, and retrieve data (or capacity / willingness to learn)
- Advanced Excel expertise required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, tolerate ambiguity, influence stakeholders, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills - strong SQL or similar skills to surface and manipulate data; experience with statistical packages (R, SAS, e.g.) and Excel model outcomes; experience with BI tools (Tableau, e.g.) for data exploration and communication