Who We Are
The Marketing Insights & Analytics team is tasked with proving and improving the value of Twitter to the marketplace. Our team seeks to understand how consumers think, feel, and behave on Twitter. Through a combination of ad campaign measurement and market-facing thought leadership projects, we use data to uncover who our audiences are and how they react to advertising. Example recent projects include conjoint analysis to quantify the financial benefits of customer service on Twitter and our work exploring the time-spent-viewing thresholds necessary to motivate advertising recall in mobile video.
What You’ll Do
The Research Specialist is a junior position for candidates with research experience and who have a bachelor’s degree in behavioral or quantitative social sciences or a related subject. You will work as part of a team responsible for delivering insights and ad effectiveness measurement. You will support Advertising Research Analysts and Managers in facilitating campaign measurement, from initial scoping to results delivery. This includes preparing and setting up surveys, monitoring progress of in-field research, extracting data, and facilitating custom requests. You will also be responsible for the oversight of 10 or more custom advertiser-facing projects at once.
Who You Are
- You have a strong quantitative background
- You enjoy working with data, with experience in designing behavioral research or experiments and analyzing datasets
- You have experience using statistical techniques to draw insights from data you then use to make informed recommendations
- You have attention to detail and are highly organized
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative (e.g., could befriend colleagues outside of reporting lines in different geographies for knowledge sharing)
- You can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts
- You have strong teamwork and collaboration skills (e.g., could manage a project with a 3rd-party vendor)
- You have a client-responsive, customer service mindset; this is a role that blends analytical acumen with interpersonal skill
- You have a passion for consumer internet and social media
- You’re willing to travel to visit clients, attend industry events, or learn in different offices (up to 10%)
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in social sciences, statistics, or related quantitative field
- 1-2 years of quantitative media research, market research, or analytics experience
- Experience using descriptive and inferential (e.g. regression, ANOVA, etc.) statistical techniques to draw insights from data
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) on large-scale data sets; if this experience is lacking, then training will be available and expected.
- Experience using statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, Matlab), or general programming experience is highly preferred.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.