Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Speech Recognition Research Scientist to join our Speech team. We are looking for researchers in Machine Learning and AI with strong technical skills. The Speech team is part of theAI organization and carries out research in the Audio, Speech, and Language Modeling areas. The team has launched video captioning for Facebook's video products including Ads and Instagram and continues to evolve and optimize its ML/AI algorithms for speech recognition, language understanding, video understanding offerings for rest of Facebook.
The ideal candidate will have research experience developing speech recognition systems in different languages. The candidate will help Facebook conduct research that supports naturally spoken input in more than 70 languages.
- Optimizing acoustic model training procedures especially discriminative training for using large amounts of audio data in different languages
- Create language models from large corpora of text data in different languages using Hadoop/Hive
- Work closely with other speech recognition experts and researchers on implementing algorithms that power user-facing and developer-facing products
- Be responsible for measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms
- Build integrated speech recognition systems and perform evaluations
More Jobs From