Research Scientist, Demography and Survey Sciences
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
To succeed, we need to measure and understand the impact our teams are having for the people and communities who use our apps and services. Were looking for people with strong quantitative research skills to help in this effort.
The ideal candidate will be a social scientist with expertise in survey methodology (e.g., bias correction, sampling) and quantitative research methods or a quantitative specialist with experience solving survey methodology problems (especially for self-administered online surveys).
- Help shape the research agenda and drive research projects from end-to-end
- Collaborate with product teams to define relevant questions about survey methodology and quantitative measurement
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods wont do
- Provide teams with usable measurement strategies and methodologies to meet their product and business decision needs
- Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences