Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new prospects and penetrating existing customers within an assigned territory. The RSM must be able to navigate through complex organizations positioning Devo's software as a purpose-built enterprise solution. The RSM will use solution selling techniques to sell our technical product into a range of business functions and play an integral part of Devos success. This role will develop account and territory sales plans and strategies to ensure success.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight.
- RSMs are responsible for managing all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Identify key decision-makers and build strong relationships with prospects and customers.
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate Devos technical solution and business value.
- Leverage deep product knowledge to demonstrate solution selling techniques, uncover prospect and customer challenges and deliver valuable solutions.
- Penetrate and develop existing accounts and new prospects, perform sales presentations to prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals.
- Work closely with the pre-sales technical team and perform assessments to determine customer requirements.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts.
- Identify internal teams, providing direction and leadership in each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of experience selling SaaS solutions to Enterprise clients with a strong track record against quota.
- Bachelors degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Successfully demonstrated the ability to sell SaaS solutions for Enterprise Security use cases, such that the successful candidate is known as a Security specialist.
- Strong business development, technical presentation skills, and the ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals are required.
- Highly motivated and well-developed business acumen.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- Experience in solution selling IT infrastructure or related software.
- Have intuitive sense of required steps to close business and gain customer validation
- Strong background in sales with demonstrated abilities to take ownership of business, prospect for leads, and close sales.
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills, prospecting and follow-up skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid